Thursday, January 21, 2016

So much for being of good cheer

For some reason today on my way to work while ofdaying the rosary and reflecting on one of the mysteries I had challenged myself to be patient and keep a smile to any coworker for what ever reason today at my job.  Not sure why I thought I could do it of all days but looking back it must be after having a good workout in the gym and being relaxed after spending some time in the spa.

Maybe I figured with some materialistically concept I could improve spiritually.  We are of course called to be charitable and patience with other's.  Its one of the cardinal virtues, which is the virtue of Fortitude which is noted on the CC 1808:70
' In the world you have tribulation; but be of good cheer. I have overcome the world.'

Also as noted a virtue is to do good and more specifically the theological virtue directly ties what I was trying to do today. CC 1822
'Charity is the theological virtue by which we love God above all things for his own sake and our neighbor as ourselves for the love of God.'

Well it turned out that I was totally reversed in my behaviours of being charitable of my coworkers or neighbor and of being "good cheer". In fact I was rude for most part, simply I let my pride take over especially in a embarrassing argument of me complaining doing reduntant work on an issue which was resolved without my knowledge.  I had completely missed that window of oppurtuniuty to be heroic.

What happened, well looking back, I didn't do much praying as I should and was more dependent on taking the challenge as doing something I could conquer for myself instead of just simply looking to improve my relationship with God through my neighbor.  However I hope through this reflection I can just try again knowing God is for sure patient and charitable with me.





No comments:

Post a Comment